USDA / RD Water and Waste Grants and Loans

ORVIEW: The U.S. Department of Agriculture РRural Development provides loans, grants and loan guarantees for drinking water, sanitary sewer, solid waste and storm drainage facilities in rural areas and cities and towns of 10,000 or less. Public bodies, non-profit organizations and recognized Indian tribes may qualify for assistance. The program also makes grants to nonprofit organizations to provide technical assistance and training to assist rural communities with their water, wastewater, and solid waste problems. Grant funds are limited to applicants serving areas with a median household income (MHI) of less than the statewide non-metropolitan MHI. Grants cannot exceed 75% of project costs, and are limited to the amount necessary to result in reasonable user rates.

TIMETABLE: For application deadlines contact your USDA Rural Development Office.

APPLICATION PROCESS: Contact your USDA Rural Development Office.

FOR MORE INFORMATION: See the program’s homepage or contact your USDA Rural Development Office.

TAGS: structural, funding, water, wastewater